Tuesday, November 01, 2005


I hop into my car and plug in my Eagles cd. Im listening to "Tequila Sunrise". Cruising along the boulevard. Smokes on one hand while the other alternately puts hands on the steering wheel and my short shifter. I pump the music abit more and gently cruise along a traffic-less Manila. Its a phenomenon! Yes we have the worst traffic jams in the universe. But today is different. I dont hear honking criss crossing irritated drivers. Nope theyre not in Manila right now. They're out in the provinces observing "All Saints Day". I hope they stay there forever so we peaceloving drivers can have some quiet drive time by ourselves. I go on third gear and jab the throttle a little on my 200hp Mitsubishi Lancer turbo. The torque pushes me back on my seat and that all to familiar boyish smile flashes on my face. The slightly curvy road opens up and I do it again! ohhhhhhh...i love the holidays! the roads all mine! I light a cigarette as I simmer down my adrenaline. The office is just a block away. Yes! I work on holidays too.... Posted by Picasa

No comments: